Monday, November 06, 2006

Mad World

SK & I have been obsessing over this song! I could vaguely remember that you said something about liking the last song on the Donnie Darko soundtrack. How I remembered you saying that and it being the same song, is beyond my comprehension. I can't remember to put a hat on Gus in the mornings.

Every time Gears of War commercial airs, I'd go crazy trying to think why I knew it. I hate that and songs always do that to me. The first episode of Brothers & Sisters had a song playing at the very end. I searched the internet with only a couple keywords, Brothers & Sisters, Song, Home, Dinner Scene. As you can guess, I came up empty each time. Finally last night, I stumbled onto some site that listed the song as KT Tunstall's Under the Weather. Ahh, sweet relief.

I finished a helmet liner this weekend. A Knitted Frenzy put out a request for 5 to send to her cousin in Iraq. I had some Cascade 220 leftover from Demi, so I put it to good use. I haven't done a lot of charity knitting. I've always had lot of "Me" projects, but I've reached a burn-out on the big projects. Since I like to knit just to knit, I put some yarn and time to good use. While I was knitting the liner, I just kept hoping that the intended soldier will get home safely. I guess that's all you can really do. As I was finishing the face ribbing, Dad called and said that Brother's troop will be shipped over in 2008. Yes, it's a very long time and a lot can change, but the final stitches meant a little more. So I'll send it with strong thoughts and prayers of a safe return. I think I'm going to knit some Striped baby hats for the LYS. Better do it before the new Interweave hits stands, I've heard it's a big one!

Can't wait to hear all about your trip! Post lots of pictures and the pattern for Other Sis' kid.