Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I've Finally Done it. Gone Crazy.



I can't believe it, here she is in all her glory! This one's going to be called "Dolly". While I (I do mean our Mother) was sewing it up, I started singing Coat of Many Colors. You know I love a good Dolly Parton reference. Maybe I'll make something that makes me think of Jolene.

I finished the border and when I was BO-ing the last stitch, I almost started to cry. The pup kept trying to lay on it while I was working on the border. After the fourth time of me screaming, I think she got it. No dog, no food, no fooling around on the Dolly. Yes, Patons was cheaper & more accessible. Yes, wool is going to be fabulous in the winter. But it's going to be a bitch to clean. Honestly, I just want to stare at it all day long. The border became an obsession. Dishes are getting moldy and the clothes are piling up. I'm pretty sure my job is going to fire me, but the blanket is done.

Here's the goods:
Yarn: Variety of colors from Patons Classic Wool Merino. I used about a skein and a half of 9 colors.
Needle: US 7
Time: 6 long months
Pattern: Mason Dixon Knitting Mitered Square Blanket
Size: I don't know, BIG! I think it's slightly larger than the one in the book.

With this thing out of my WIP pile, I don't know what to do with myself. I may go into a postpartum. Steak Knife will find me curled up (under Dolly, of course) and ask, "Did you get Gus from daycare?". And a little dribble of spittle will slide out of my mouth. He'll call mom and say that he's concerned. She'll drive over and tell me to "drink your juice...drink your juice" (favorite movie line ever. I had to leave off the name, but guess the movie?). Oh how this blanket will have changed our family!

Ok, back to reality. I left my shrug at Mom's, so I'm knitless for a bit. I guess I could clean. Maybe I'll work on Steak Knife's X-Mas stocking. Maybe. I think that I should rest.

Going back to Dolly Parton. Did you ever pick up the Real Simple Food magazine? I made the Dolly Parton Dump Cake on Sunday. It's so trashy, it's good. Your mouth isn't sure what to think, but you hand moves the spoon back through the goop. All without thinking.

Happy Birthday to the Flyer!