Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Happy Trails

Remember having to hear that after every play in the park? As a kid, I thought it was hilarious. Now, it would probably evoke an entirely different emotion. Especially with this heat & humidity... After leaving unflattering web marks on my thighs, the lawn chair would find its way into the garbage can. Don't even get me started on the bug bites!

The Lola household had a fabulous time with Ava's clan. Gus loved watching the dogs play. He even got into the mix a couple times (we're hoping social services doesn't come knocking). But now it's time to get back to the world. So I've checked the blogs, paid bills and thought about cleaning. Instead, why not post my first entry on our new blog?! Here's our first FO picture:


Obviously, it's the Moderne Baby Blanket! I substituted yarn and needle size. I used about 3 balls a color of Plymouth Encore and Wool Ease (must be washable, I've learned that lesson with Gus). I also upped the needle size to US 8, this made it a generous sized baby blanket. Probably better suited to a toddler! It measures 55 x 37.5. Husband, who will be referred to as Steak Knife (will be explained in later posts), was more than a tad upset about gifting this one. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this project. I used to hate the look of garter stitch! Reminded me of my first project back into the knitting world, a neon pink scarf. Ugh...

Hope the trip home was fast and easy (please ignore the cheap whore joke). I'll work on my posting manners later.


Love,
Lola
p.s. Finished Demi sweater pieces, but can't block them until all of the dog hair has been banished!